Installing a git client on Windows
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(This guide has been written by Lavesh Bhatia)
- Download Git for windows from - https://gitforwindows.org/
- Install it and don’t change any of the default options.
- Go to environment variables
- Select Environment variables at the bottom
- Click on the ‘Path’ under system variables and click edit
- Find the ‘bin’ and ‘cmd’ path in the Git folder which should be in your program files
- After you find the path of the above folders, click new and add the path like below
- Once you have done this, create a new folder. Over here all the information will be saved.